Media streaming is the new entertainment in this internet age. Whether you desire to catch an episode, watch a movie, or even follow your favorite sports match, streaming is the way to go.
Kodi, on the other hand, has become the ultimate cord-cutting solution. The open source software is multi-platform and offers all the flexibility you need for a great streaming experience. You can comfortably watch Movies and TV shows for free on demand with Kodi.
If you are familiar with the platform, you will know that Kodi flourishes on third-party add-ons. Among these add-ons that make the software best suited for streaming any media content, our number one is the Navi X Kodi add-on. We should more accurately say that it was our number one addon. Until recently, Navi X was the best media streaming add-on for all content. That was until early 2017 when the owners closed the project citing legal pressures. This left an opening for Navi X alternatives to be developed.
Fortunately, since the shutdown some Navy X alternatives have been released. These new add-ons have updated continuously to deliver the best streaming experience. In this article, we have listed for you some of the best add-ons that you can use as Navi X alternatives.
Stay Safe with a VPN When Using Kodi?
Kodi in itself is a perfectly safe and legal streaming platform. However, when we factor in add-ons, rules of safety and legal status are bent. Most governments and anti-piracy agencies are always keeping close tabs on Kodi users for violations of media copyrights. It is for this reason that we have to remind you to take precautions if you are a Kodi user. The best go-to option for safety is the use of a secure VPN for safer streaming of content.
A VPN encrypts your traffic and sends it over a secure tunnel to a VPN server. This server then gives you a new IP address that spoofs your location and real online identity. However, selecting a VPN requires carefulness, and if you are not sure where to start, PIA provides a great starting place.
Best Navy X Alternatives
Here is a list of the best Navi X alternatives that are meant to fill the gap left behind by this favorite. You can have a look.
cCloud easily finds itself on top of our best Navi X alternatives list. It is a cloud-based sharing system designed and built by the Kodi community. The add-on readily integrates with stream media files to generate links that are available on the website for various devices. cCloud used to be a home of UK and US channels, but it has expanded to cover other countries. It now provides the Kodi community with the best live IPTV channels and Live Sports coverage. cCloud puts all these together and offers an excellent picture quality, making it a solid Navi X alternative.
How to install cCloud on Kodi
- Turn on your Kodi box.
- Click on System and open the file manager
- Select the Add Source then choose None
- On the URL area, type in http://fusion.tvaddons.ag and click the button done
- Then choose type in the source name of your preference, or better yet, lets enter cCloud then click Ok
- On the home screen, go to the system area and choose add-ons
- Click to select installation from zip file
- Proceed to cCloud, then choose Kodi repos and enter English as your language
- Now click on podgod-x.x.zip, and after the notification, choose install from repository.
- Then select get add-ons on Helix
- Select podgod-x.x.zip, then Video add-ons
- Now select cCloud TV, then click Install
Congratulations you have successfully installed cCloud Tv add-on to your Kodi box.
Popcornflix is another of the add-ons that have stood up to the challenge of occupying the vacuum created by Navy X. Smart and highly reliable, Popcornflix has taken the market by storm through its offer of the best, well categorized (in genres) free movie links. Dream of drama, thrillers, fantasy, documentaries and even romantic movies and Popcornflix will be your go-to for the direct links.
Installing Popcornflix is quite easy as the add-on is available on a number of repositories. Topping the list of Popcornflix repositories is SuperRepo. Here’s a procedure of installing Popcornflix.
How to install Popcornflix Add-on
- On the Kodi main menu, choose Add-ons
- Click the box-shaped icon at the top of the menu bar
- Now select Install from repository, then go to Kodi Add-on repository and click on it
- Next, scroll down the list and select on Popcornflix, then click to install. When complete, you will get a notification that the add-on has been installed.
- Head back to the main menu, and you should now see the Popcornflix add-on.
You have now installed Veetle on Kodi.
Trakt is one of the best Kodi add-ons. This add-on can scrobble everything you watch and add it to your Trakt profile. This way, you can keep track of all the movies and TV shows you’ve watched and have them organized properly. Trakt doesn’t stop there as it has a discover feature which has a wealth of recommendations pulled from a community of TV and movie fans. This way you can easily find movies from like-minded people. Trakt is the perfect partner for Kodi, and if you love TV shows and movies, then this is a must have!
How to install Trakt on Kodi
- On your Kodi main menu, go to add-ons
- Select Install from repository, then click Get Add-ons from Helix
- Now choose Kodi add-on repository
- Next on program add-ons and select Trakt to install
- You should see a pop-up link https://trakt.tv/activate
- Once you visit the URL, type in the pin given during the link pop-up, then continue to allow Trakt to use your account
- Once you see a notification go back to the main menu, and hover on Trakt before you go to the menu context to configure
- Now allow live TV in Exclusions, by making sure you enable four choices in scrobbling
- Next, choose Services in synchronization area, then all everything
- At the movies section, all five options before you go to Rating to include your settings of choice.
With a Navi X alternative of your choosing, you should now be able to up your media streaming a notch. Cheers!