Video Camera and Camcorder Black Friday 2018 Deals
Black Friday is the best time to score a deal on a video camera. There are dozens of models to choose from and you can save hundreds.
Camcorders are the go to method to record video. In recent years, DSLR and mirrorless cameras have become an all-in-one solution many people use. We have sourced the best Black Friday deals for all of these. We will continue to update this page as we find more camera deals.
Camcorders are purpose built cameras that focus solely on videos. You can be confident that the lens will work well with the camera and that there won’t be any noise as you zoom (this is a common problem with DSLRs).
Although there are 4K camcorders, they aren’t as common as 1080p versions. Fortunately, the options below are all affordable.
- $199 for Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder (was $249)
- $177 for Panasonic Full HD Camcorder HC-V180K (was $229)
- $269 for Canon VIXIA HF R80 Camcorder (was $349)
- $319 for Canon VIXIA HF R82 Camcorder (was $399)
- $397 for Panasonic Full HD Camcorder HC-V770 (was $599)
- $498 for Sony HDRCX675/B Full HD 32GB Camcorder (was $599)
- $159 for Sony Handycam CX405 Flash Memory Camcorder (was $229*)
- $698 for Sony 4K HD FDRAX33 Handycam Camcorder (was $848)
* Comes with $20 Best Buy Gift Card
DSLRs can capture amazing video especially if you have the right lense. Capturing video is not as straightforward as with a camcorder, but it’s easy to get the hang of it. Plus then you have a camera you can use for photos too.
- $1499 for Canon Video Creator Kit [EOS 80D] (was $2049)
- $1049 for Canon EOS REBEL T7i (was $1299)
- $449 for Canon EOS Rebel T6 (was $549)
- $1299 for Canon EOS 6D Mark II (was $1799)
- $249 for Canon PowerShot (was $379)
- $499 for Nikon D3500 (was $747)
- $699 for Nikon D5600 (was $799)
- $999 for Nikon D7200 (was $1199)
- $1899 for Nikon D750 (was $2199)
Mirrorless cameras have exploded in popularity. The difference between a DSLR and a mirrorless camera is that the latter does not have an optical viewfinder. Instead it uses a digital screen.
Mirrorless cameras are lighter and faster than DSLRs. This makes them better for capturing video.
- $1099 for Fujifilm X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera (was $1599)
- $899 for Canon EOS M5 Mirrorless Camera Kit (was $1479)
- $598 for Sony Alpha a6000 (was $848)
- $497 for PANASONIC LUMIX G7 (was $799)
- $1497 for PANASONIC LUMIX GH5 (was $1997)
- $999 for Fujifilm X-T20 (was $1199)
- $297 for PANASONIC LUMIX FZ80 (was $399)
- $599 for Canon EOS M50 (was $899)
- $998 for Sony Alpha a7IIK (was $1599)
Overall, there are some excellent deals on video cameras this Black Friday. There’s a deal to be found whether you want a traditional camcorder, a DSLR, or a mirrorless camera.