Home Security Camera Systems Cyber Monday 2018
Cyber Monday is a fantastic day to get a new home security system or add new cameras to your existing one. Most of the deals from Black Friday have continued and there are plenty of options. You can easily save hundreds of dollars during the sale.
A single camera is perfect for apartments and small homes. Usually, they are best placed in the living room. Video doorbells are an increasingly popular option as well. They can send you alerts when someone approaches your door and you can even talk to them through the app.
- $66 for Blink Indoor Camera System (was $99)
- $298 for Ring Video Doorbell 2 + Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit (was $398)
- $139 for Ring Video Doorbell 2 (was $199)
- $129 for Nest Cam Indoor (was $199)
- $149 for Nest Cam Outdoor (was $199)
- $179 for Nest Hello Video Doorbell (was $229)
- $69 for Altec Lansing Voice Activated Smart Security System (was $99)
- $189 for Ring Floodlight Camera Motion-Activated HD Security Cam (was $249)
- $78 for Blink XT Outdoor Home Security Camera (was $129)
Multiple cameras are great for medium and large homes. People put the cameras around the exterior of their homes to cover the front door, back doors, and the driveway. Some people also use them to get a full perimeter of all windows.
- $199 for Netgear Arlo 3-cam System Bundle (was $299)
- $579 for Arlo Pro 2 4-Camera Indoor/Outdoor Wireless 1080p (was $799)
- $765 for Arlo Pro 8-Camera Indoor/Outdoor Wireless 1080p (was $949)
- $149 for Arlo – Wireless Home Security Camera System with Motion Detection (was $249)
- $191 for Arlo Lights – Smart Home Security Light (was $249)
- $249 for Night Owl – Extreme HD 8-Channel, 8-Camera Wired 1TB DVR (was $349)
- $153 for Blink Indoor Home Security 3 Camera System (was $229)
- $379 for LaView 4 1080P IP Camera Security System (was $499)
Smart locks are super convenient. You can enter your home without a key, so that’s one less thing to carry. Many models also let you assign one-time codes for friends or family. This allows you to not have to worry about someone losing or copying your key.
- $142 for Schlage Z-Wave Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt (was $174)
- $13 for Defender Security U 10827 Door Reinforcement Lock (was $18)
- $199 for August Smart Lock Pro + Connect (was $279)
- $99 for August Smart Lock (was $149)
- $152 for Yale Assure Lock Touchscreen Keypad (was $199)
- $119 for Kwikset 910 Z-Wave SmartCode Electronic Touchpad Deadbolt (was $167)
- $73 for Kwikset 99130-003 SmartCode 913 UL Electronic Deadbolt (was $111)
- $123 for Kwikset 910 Z-Wave SmartCode Electronic Touchpad Deadbolt (was $153)
- $149 for Ultraloq UL3 BT Fingerprint and Touchscreen Keyless Smart Lock (was $249)
- $79 for NEXX Garage NXG-100 NXG Remote (was $99)
Sensors, Lights, and Control Panels
You can improve your home security system with other accessories like motion activated lights.
- $169 for SimpliSafe – Protect Home Security System (was $269)
- $99 for Samsung SmartThings ADT Wireless Home Security Starter Kit (was $299)
- $47 for Mr. Beams MB392, 400 Lumen Version (was $59)
- $188 for Ring Alarm Home Security System (was $268)
How to Choose a Home Security Camera
Look for a home security system that has a well-designed app first and foremost. There are security cameras that you can buy that store the footage locally, but thieves can just steal the hard drive. Plus, you won’t get alerts and you won’t be able to respond to things as they happen.
Look at the fees of online storage for security cameras before you buy one. Some are more expensive than others, and most will store a certain amount of footage for free.
Finally, consider the resolution of the security camera. Don’t settle for anything less than 1080p these days and make sure that they have infrared night vision so that you can capture footage without lights.
Overall, there are some phenomenal deals for security cameras this Cyber Monday. There’s never been a better time to get a system.