Best HyperX Gaming Headphones
Are you interested in buying HyperX headphones, but have no idea which one best matches your requirements? In this buyer’s guide we present the best HyperX headphones that are worth your attention. We will save you time by sharing best HyperX models in one place.
HyperX headphones are all aimed at gamers that require a long lasting fit, microphone for communicating whilst playing online, and realistic sound quality. We will compare all models in this guide to give you an idea of how they differ.
We hope by the end of this comparison guide you are able to distinguish between the HyperX headphones and select one that you feel best matches your requirements.
Hyper X headphones have some of the best audio quality in the gaming headset marketplace. Most models offer strong bass to bring the action packed moments of games to life. Furthermore, the accuracy across the frequency range is great so you’ll feel like the audio is lifelike.
|Make and Model||Audio Drivers||Surround Sound||Frequency Range|
|HyperX Cloud II||53mm||Yes||15-25,000 Hz|
|HyperX Cloud Alpha||50mm||No||13 – 27,000 Hz|
|HyperX Cloud Stinger||50mm||No||18-23,000 Hz|
|HyperX Cloud Core||53mm||No||15-25,000 Hz|
|HyperX Cloud Flight||50mm||No||20-20,000 Hz|
|HyperX Cloud Revolver S||50mm||Yes||12-28,000 Hz|
|HyperX Cloud Silver||53mm||No||15-25,000 Hz|
From the table above you can see that all HyperX headphones have large audio drivers. This means the audio will be loud and impactful. Additionally, the frequency at the low end is extended beyond 20Hz so you can enjoy strong bass. Only the Cloud II and Cloud Revolver S offer surround sound that allows for excellent directionality to your gameplay.
The freedom that wireless connectivity offers is advantageous as you can move without the hassle of having to deal with the wire. However, for gamers the problem with wireless connectivity is the lag. When in the online arena even the smallest amount of lag can decrease your competitive edge. However, HyperX headphones drastically reduces the lag to minuscule levels.
|Make and Model||Battery life|
|HyperX Cloud II||Wired|
|HyperX Cloud Alpha||Wired|
|HyperX Cloud Stinger||Wired|
|HyperX Cloud Core||Wired|
|HyperX Cloud Flight||30 hours|
|HyperX Cloud Revolver S||Wired|
|HyperX Cloud Silver||Wired|
The only wireless HyperX headphones are the Cloud Flight and it comes with an amazing 30 hour battery life. Therefore, you can be gaming for a long time before you need to recharge. The lack of wireless options goes to show how much preferences the gaming headphones market has for wired options.
There are a lot of similarities between the HyperX headphones, which includes a detachable noise canceling microphone that is among the best in the gaming marketplace. It’s crystal clear, which means you can enjoy straightforward communication without having to repeat yourself.
They all provide similar comfort levels since the earcups and headband are designed the same. The earcups have a large oval shape to allow the ears to fit inside. The headband is large and can easily be adjusted to fit the size of your head.
Furthermore, the compatibility across the most popular platforms is excellent. You can use all models with the PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Wii. The Nintendo Switch is the only console that is problematic when it comes to headset compatibility, but this is the case for other brands too.
The weight also contributes to the comfort because when headphones are heavy they are cumbersome to wear. In the table below we have listed the weight of all models so that you can compare them.
|Make and Model||Weight|
|HyperX Cloud II||11.29 ounces|
|HyperX Cloud Alpha||11.85 ounces|
|HyperX Cloud Stinger||9.7 ounces|
|HyperX Cloud Core||10.56 ounces|
|HyperX Cloud Flight||11.11 ounces|
|HyperX Cloud Revolver S||13.26 ounces|
|HyperX Cloud Silver||10.90 ounces|
As you can see from the table above all HyperX headphones have a comparable weight with the Revolver S being the heaviest. If you’re after the lightest model then going with the Cloud Stinger is the clear choice.
- HyperX Cloud II: this HyperX model is arguably the best overall and is used by professional gamers around the world. They are ideal for gamers that need a professional grade microphone, a decent frequency response, and large 53mm audio drivers. Furthermore, the surround sound ensures you’ll have a sense of directionality when gaming.
- HyperX Cloud Alpha: these headphones have excellent compatibility with all the top consoles and PC. They offer a durable aluminum frame and award winning comfort that allows you to game for hours at a time. Also the TeamSpeak microphone means you can clearly communicate with other gamers.
- HyperX Cloud Stinger: the Stinger is the cheapest of the HyperX headphones, but you’re still getting a bunch of gamer-friendly features. The materials used with the Stinger aren’t the most premium, but the overall design is still comfortable. They are suitable for the budget buyer that’s looking for a highly rated gaming headset.
- HyperX Cloud Core: this is another budget offering that comes equipped with large 53mm audio drivers, enhanced comfort, and a pro-gaming design. You’ll also love the detachable microphone that is crystal clear.
- HyperX Cloud Flight: these headphones are ideal for users that require wireless connectivity and a long battery life of 30 hours. They also have the standard HyperX features such as a detachable crystal clear mic, comfortable earpads, and a durable design. However, they are the most expensive HyperX headphones so you must decide if you’ll really benefit from the wireless connectivity.
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S: these are the heaviest of the bunch and quite bulky too. However, they offer 7.1 surround sound that allows you to clearly hear the directionality of objects in the gaming world. This brings the gaming world to life in a way that’s immersive.
- HyperX Cloud Silver: the Cloud Silver is a fairly priced offering that has multi-platform versatility, a Teamspeak certified microphone, a durable aluminium frame, award winning comfort, and large 53mm audio drivers. It’s the complete package at a competitive price.