Cyber Monday is your last chance to get a steep discount on a mirrorless camera. There are tons of models to choose from and prices have even come down from Black Friday in some cases. Some models have been discounted by as much as $1000.
- $1099 for Fujifilm X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera (was $1599)
- $899 for Canon EOS M5 Mirrorless Camera Kit (was $1479)
- $598 for Sony Alpha a6000 (was $848)
- $497 for PANASONIC LUMIX G7 (was $799)
- $1497 for PANASONIC LUMIX GH5 (was $1997)
- $999 for Fujifilm X-T20 (was $1199)
- $297 for PANASONIC LUMIX FZ80 (was $399)
- $599 for Canon EOS M50 (was $899)
- $998 for Sony Alpha a7IIK (was $1599)
- $3498 for Sony Alpha a9 Mirrorless Digital Camera (was $4498)
- $748 for Sony Alpha a6300 (was $898)
- $2198 for Sony Alpha a7S II (was $2398)
- $1098 for Sony Alpha a6500 (was $1198)
- $1598 for Sony Alpha a7R II (was $1998)
Mirrorless Camera Features
As you can see, there are no shortage of options. Every major brand including Sony, Canon, and Panasonic have released discounts across almost their entire range of products. Deciding which model to get is no easy task.
Mirrorless cameras are both lighter and faster than traditional DSLRs. That’s because as you might have guessed, they don’t use a mirror for the viewfinder to work. Instead it’s a digital screen which dramatically changes things.
Since the mirror is gone, light directly enters the sensor on a mirrorless camera which speeds things up a lot. This also makes them much better at video as they are less likely to have problems maintaining focus. Additionally, mirrorless cameras are a lot quieter since there’s no moving mirror to alert people you are taking photos. This can allow you to capture a moment without people being self-conscious.
You should opt for a 4K mirrorless camera if you have the budget. This will future-proof your purchase. The only downside other than cost is that you’ll need to upgrade your computer storage and perhaps your GPU. That’s because 4K video is incredibly taxing on computers.
Another factor to consider is the ISO range. This is the difference between lights and darks that a camera can detect. A higher range will perform a lot better in low light conditions. If you are not buying a bundle, you also need to factor in the cost of a lens. Lenses can often cost as much as the camera itself.
Overall, there are phenomenal deals on mirrorless cameras this year including new models from Sony. Cyber Monday is your last chance to lock in these discounts.