Cyber Monday is the best time to start building your own gaming PC. Most of the parts that you need will be on sale. One of the important parts you need to have to get started on your gaming PC is the motherboard.
This Cyber Monday, you’ll be glad to know that motherboards are one of the items that are on sale. Leading manufacturers such as MSI and ASUS have released their deals on motherboards. You can easily save $100 on a motherboard.
We have compiled a list of the best motherboard deals this Cyber Monday. We don’t know when these deals will end, but it is likely that come Tuesday prices will revert to their original retail price.
- $95 for MSI X470GPLUS Performance Gaming AMD X470 Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 Onboard Graphics CFX ATX Motherboard (was $129)
- $109 for MSI Arsenal GAMING Intel 8th Gen LGA 1151 M.2 DVI HDMI DP USB 3.0 Gigabit LAN CFX Micro ATX Motherboard (Z370M MORTAR) (was $169)
- $89 for MSI PRO Series Intel 8th Gen LGA 1151 M.2 D-Sub DVI DP USB 3.0 Gigabit LAN CFX ATX Motherboard (Z370-A PRO) (was $119)
- $99 for ASUS TUF Z370-PLUS Gaming LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) DDR4 HDMI DVI M.2 Z370 ATX Motherboard with Gigabit LAN and USB 3.1 (was $145)
- $95 for ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard (ATX) AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 B450 (was $129)
- $79 for ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4 HDMI DisplayPort M.2 USB 3.1 ATX B350 Motherboard (was $125)
Choosing the right motherboard for your gaming rig
The motherboard is going to be an integral part of your gaming PC build. Every part will plug into it so it is important to choose the right one.
Knowing which CPU you want will go a long way to helping you choose a motherboard. After you get your CPU you’ll have an idea of the socket it’s using. The current 8th gen Intel CPUs requires an LGA1151 socket while AMD chips use AM4 sockets. Match these up and you should be ready.
Motherboards come in three main sizes: ATX, Micro-ATX, and Mini-ITX. You can think of them as large, medium, and small. This is important because the smaller your motherboard has the lesser slots and features it has. That means that a smaller motherboard will have fewer PCIe slots, RAM slots, and other connectors.
These are some of the important factors you need to consider when choosing the right motherboard for your gaming PC.
This Cyber Monday, there are a lot of great motherboard deals available. There are excellent motherboards for Intel and AMD chips so you can start building your PC.