RC Black Friday 2019 Deals for Cars, Trucks, Boats, Helicopters, and Airplanes
The interactive remote-controlled models today provide fun for all the family. There’s something to amuse, entertain, and challenge everyone, at any age. This quick guide highlights the best last-minute Black Friday RC deals for 2019. I’ve made the page easy to navigate by grouping the models into separate categories. Below is a quick breakdown of what’s on offer.
There are popular models in each of the 7 Black Friday categories arranged by price, lowest to high.
- Radio Controlled RC Cars
- Radio Controlled RC Off-Road Trucks
- Radio Controlled RC Speedboats
- Radio Controlled RC Airplanes
- Radio Controlled RC Helicopters
- Radio Controlled Drones
- Kids Interactive Educational Robots
You will find RC bargains here that are suitable for toddlers, pre-teens, teenagers, and adults. Check out these last-minute Black Friday RC deals for 2019. There are RC trucks, boats, planes, helis, and RC robots.
Black Friday RC Cars
The first 7 RC deals are some of the current favorite models for youngsters and adults:
- $12.84 for: QUN FENG Lamborghini Veneno RC Car | Was $17.99
- $16.99 for: Refasy KId’s Climbing Remote Control RC Car | Was $29.99
- $49.98 for: ELEGOO UNO R3 Educational Smart Robotic RC Car Kit V3 | Was $69.99
- $56.99 for: WLtoys A242 Fast 4WD 2.4G RC Rally Car | Was $74.17
- $70.99 for: Wltoys A949 Electric WD RC Rally Car | Was $75.99
- $132.99 for: HSP 94103 1/10 4WD Powerful Electric RC Drift Car | Was $167.59
- $239.99 for: ZD Racing Pirates2 4WD Waterproof RC Drift Car | Was $318.62
RC Cars Buying Considerations
A lot of folks buy RC cars based on the wow factor. Yes, it’s important to purchase models that attract you but don’t let it be the only deciding factor. Another thing to be mindful of is scale and dimensions. It’s not unusual to order an RC car that turns out to be much bigger or way smaller than the buyer thought it would be. Also, check the manufacturer’s recommended age and skill level for the vehicle. Other checks are running times, charging times, and the cost of spare batteries.
Black Friday RC Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, and Truggies
Next up are 7 exceptional RC off-road vehicles for beginners to advanced users:
- $51.92 for: SUBOTECH BG1510B High Speed 4WD Off Road Racer | Was $64.99
- $82.38 for: Redcat Racing Piranha-TR-10 RC Truggy | Was $139.99
- $139.99 for: Redcat Racing Everest-10 Electric RC Rock Crawler | Was $159.99
- $199.99 for: HG P407 4WD TOYATO RC Rally Metal Pickup Crawler | Was $359.90
- $229.99 for: VRX Racing RH1045 1/10 RC Desert Truggy | Was $336.99
- $349.99 for: DHK Hobby 1/8 4WD Electric RC Buggy Optimus XL | Was $444.66
RC Off-Road Trucks Buying Considerations
Multi-terrain, all-weather RC trucks are more realistic, robust, and powerful than they’ve ever been. Most of them are built for slower, off-road adventures rather than speed. They all look tough, but some fare better than others. My advice is to check out any user feedback to see how they handle abuse. You can also expect to replace or upgrade parts more with RC trucks than cars.
If you’re buying as a gift, make sure you know what kind of off-road truck the person wants. Primary considerations are the model’s scale size, drive system, i.e., 2WD or 4WD, speed, and range. Check also for waterproof properties, running times, charging times, and the cost of spare parts.
Black Friday RC Boats
Next up at the water models. Here are our 7 RC speedboat picks for this Black Friday:
- $31.44 for: Rabing RC Speedboat for Pools and Lakes | Was $41.99
- $42.00 for: GizmoVine High-Speed RC Speedboat for kids | Was $59.99
- $95.00 for: URUAV Flytec 500cm RC Fishing Bait RC Boat | Was $109.99
- $127 for: Feilun FT011 Water Cooled Brushless RC Racing Boat | Was $146.30
- $209.49 for: TFL Hobby 1111 Rocket FSR-OF Brushless RC Racing Boat | Was $293.99
- $310.00 for: TFL 1105 Princess Glass Fiber Electric RC Boat | Was $473.89
- $635.85 for: TFL 1133 Zonda 2.4G RC Racing Boat w/ Double Motor | Was $678.59
RC Speedboat Buying Considerations
There are specific buying considerations for RC boats. Be careful when choosing a vessel for rivers, large ponds, and lakes. An RC boat should have a capsize recovery function at the very least. Failsafe features are also vital if you plan to race far from the bank. Look for those with low battery, out of range, and weak signal alarms. On the performance front, check the boat’s top speed, ease of handling, and its control distance. Finally, look at battery life, charging times, and the cost of spares.
Black Friday RC Airplanes
Here are 7 superb radio-controlled plane deals for enthusiastic RC pilots:
- $21.99 for: JJRC ZSX-280 EPP RTF Indoor RC Biplane | Was $36.60
- $46.99 for: Volantex V761-1 Firstar Mini 3CH 6-Axis Micro RC Airplane | Was $69.99
- $57.37 for: X-UAV Sky Surfer X8 1400mm FPV RC Airplane KIT | Was $75.38
- $99.99 for: XK X450 VTOL 450mm 3D/6G Aerobatics RC Airplane | Was $243.58
- $129.99 for: ESKY Eagles PNP 1100mm RC Trainer Glider | Was $219.99
- $159.99 for: Hookll F4U Warbird 1200mm PNP RC Airplane KIT | Was $190.99
- $199.99 for: ZOHD Dart XL Extreme 1000mm FPV PNP RC Airplane | Was $259.99
RC Planes Buying Considerations
RC planes are easier to fly now than they used to be. Even so, make sure the model is suitable for the age of the pilot and their skill level. You may want something more advanced if it’s going to be a pastime shared between an experienced parent and child. RC planes come in various formats that all buyers should be aware of. See ‘Cutting through the Jargon’ in the intro if you’re unsure.
Check the plane’s crash-resistance and cost of replacement parts, especially for entry-level models. The launch methods and type of landing gear—if any—are other considerations. Planes to grow into should have variable speeds for different skill levels, i.e., Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. Lastly, don’t forget to look at flying times, battery charging times, and the cost of extra batteries.
Black Friday RC Helicopters
These 7 RC helicopters are sure to appeal to whirlybirds fans:
- $19.99 for: Syma S107G 3 Channel RC Gyro Beginner Helicopter | Was $21.98
- $35.99 for: WLtoys V911-Pro 2.4G 4CH RC Helicopter | Was $49.99
- $94.99 for: ALZRC X360 FAST FBL 6CH 3D RC Helicopter Kit | Was $149.99
- $105.90 for: WLtoys V950 Brushless Flybarless RTF RC Helicopter | Was $159.99
- $239.99 for: Blade 230 S V2 RTF Brushless CP RC Helicopter | Was $299.99
- $305.99 for: Walkera V450D03 Generation II 6CH 6-Axis RC Helicopter | Was $359.99
- $779.99 for: JCZK 300C 470L RTF 6CH 3D Super Sim Smart RC Heli | Was $999.99
RC Helicopters Buying Considerations
RC helicopters were once the models of expert pilots, but today there are helis for all skill levels. Very young or raw novice pilots should start with two-rotor models called coaxial helis. These doubled-bladed copters are ultra-stable and easy to control. Their restrictions make them a little boring after a while, but they’re still the best choice for new users. Most typically have 3 or 3.5 channels.
Look at the materials used, crash-resistance, flight, and charging times. The availability and cost of new parts and the choice to upgrade (advanced users) are others.
Black Friday Radio-Controlled Quadcopter Drones
These 8 RC helicopters are sure to appeal to whirlybirds fans:
- $42.49 for: Dwi Dowellin 720P Camera Drone w/ Live Video | Was $54.99
- $59.49 for: Holy Stone HS200 FPV RC Drone | Was $69.99
- $78.00 for: Tello Camera Quadcopter Training Drone | Was $99.00
- $179.99 for: Rabing RC Drone with 4K HD Dual Cameras | Was $269.99
- $799.00 for: DJI Mavic Air Drone Combo 4K Wi-Fi Camera Quadcopter | Was $999.00
- $1,398.09 for: DJI Mavic 2 Pro with Extra Batteries Combo | Was $1,818.00
RC Drones Buying Considerations
There are so many drones available today that it’s overwhelming for first-time buyers. The Black Friday picks above are all popular choices within their class. Novice pilots should opt for beginner-friendly flight modes, failsafe controls, and crash-resistance. Look at the price and availability of vulnerable parts like propellers and prop guards. It’s also worth reviewing apps for app-controlled crafts.
Make sure the drone has a camera if you want one (not all models do). Drones often have limited flight times, especially beginner quadcopters. Check the cost of extra batteries and charging times so that you can fly with minimal interruptions. Travelers should consider compact designs with foldable arms, gesture controls, and Follow Me modes, etc. You get the idea.
Lastly, consider where the new pilot plans to fly. Some drones are suitable for indoor and outdoor use, while others are only for inside. The latter is due to Bluetooth controllers and ultra-lightweights.
Black Friday Interactive Educational Robots
All RC models are robots or sorts, but the ones here are of the conventional kind:
- $18.89 for: Novie Interactive Smart Robot for Kids (75 actions) | Was $21.99
- $30.59 for: Yeezee Interactive Wirless Robot Puppy | Was $35.99
- $69.99 for: Augmented Reality Robotic Building and Coding Kit | Was $99.99
- $72.99 for: Vector Interactive Robot by Anki w/ Amazon Alexa | Was $249.99
- $87.95 for: UBTECH Mythical Unicornbot Stem Learning Robot | Was $119.99
- $128.78 for: Erector by Meccano Meccanoid XL 2.0 STEM Robot-Building Kit | Was $158.37
- $199.99 for: Sphero RVR Multi-Terrain Programmable Learning Robot | Was $249.99
RC Robots Buying Considerations
How I wish there were robots like these when I was a kid. They’re super entertaining and educational at the same time. Choose models with intelligent learning modes if that’s important to you. Check what the robot does—exactly—and its suggested age suitability. Heed any small parts warnings if you’re buying for toddlers, and verify that all materials used are child-safe.
Running times, range of functions, and progressive learning modes are all worth attention. Many parents buy robots through their eyes, so try not to fall into that trap. Ask yourself if the child will enjoy the plaything and whether it’s going to be out of the toy box more often than in it.