Smart Home Cyber Monday 2018 Deals (Hubs, Lights, Outlets, etc)
Cyber Monday is without a doubt the best day to make your home smart. Everything you need is on sale and it is super easy to save hundreds of dollars. There are smart home hubs, lightbulbs, thermostats, and locks just to name a few.
Smart Home Hubs
The first decision you need to make is how you are going to control your smart home. Most people rely on Amazon Alexa for its simple to use interface. This is the most widely supported system with hundreds of objects supporting it.
- $245 for Hive Welcome Home Pack (was $349)
- $62 for Samsung SmartThings Hub 3rd Generation (was $69)
- $109 for Amazon Echo Plus Bundle with Philips Hue Bulb (was $165)
- $79 for Google Home (was $129)
- $49 for Logitech Harmony Hub (was $99)
A smart thermostat is the perfect first item to get. That’s because they will pay for themselves in a little over a year. Nest estimates the average user saves between $131 – $145 a year by using their thermostat. Independent studies have shown heating cost reductions of 10 – 12%.
Smart thermostats will learn when you are not home and automatically adjust the temperature to save you money. You can also set your own schedules and control the temperature remotely. Finally, you can get temperature sensors and put them in a room that’s too hot or cold. The system will then optimize to get it to the perfect temperature.
Smart locks are the ultimate convenience. You will no longer need to carry keys with you when you are out and about. Not only that, but you can get one time codes or open the door remotely for guests. This means you never have to worry about lost keys or someone making a copy of one.
- $142 for Schlage Z-Wave Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt (was $174)
- $13 for Defender Security U 10827 Door Reinforcement Lock (was $18)
- $199 for August Smart Lock Pro + Connect (was $279)
- $99 for August Smart Lock (was $149)
- $152 for Yale Assure Lock Touchscreen Keypad (was $199)
- $119 for Kwikset 910 Z-Wave SmartCode Electronic Touchpad Deadbolt (was $167)
- $73 for Kwikset 99130-003 SmartCode 913 UL Electronic Deadbolt (was $111)
- $123 for Kwikset 910 Z-Wave SmartCode Electronic Touchpad Deadbolt (was $153)
- $149 for Ultraloq UL3 BT Fingerprint and Touchscreen Keyless Smart Lock (was $249)
- $79 for NEXX Garage NXG-100 NXG Remote (was $99)
A video doorbell goes perfectly with a smart door lock because you can get notified when people arrive and then open the door for them with the press of a button. Video doorbells provide the cheapest and most effective home security system.
- $298 for Ring Video Doorbell 2 + Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit (was $398)
- $139 for Ring Video Doorbell 2 (was $199)
- $199 for Ring Video Doorbell Pro (was $249)
- $179 for Nest Hello Smart Doorbell (was $229)
Smart Cameras and Home Security
Many of these smart cameras will work with video doorbells to provide you with full coverage of your home.
- $66 for Blink Indoor Camera System (was $99)
- $153 for Blink Indoor Home Security 3 Camera System (was $229)
- $78 for Blink XT Outdoor Home Security Camera (was $129)
- $129 for Nest Cam Indoor (was $199)
- $149 for Nest Cam Outdoor (was $199)
- $69 for Altec Lansing Voice Activated Smart Security System (was $99)
- $189 for Ring Floodlight Camera Motion-Activated HD Security Cam (was $249)
- $199 for Arlo 3-cam System Bundle (was $299)
- $579 for Arlo Pro 2 4-Camera Indoor/Outdoor Wireless 1080p (was $799)
- $765 for Arlo Pro 8-Camera Indoor/Outdoor Wireless 1080p (was $949)
- $149 for Arlo – Wireless Home Security Camera System with Motion Detection (was $249)
- $191 for Arlo Lights – Smart Home Security Light (was $249)
- $169 for SimpliSafe – Protect Home Security System (was $269)
- $99 for Samsung SmartThings ADT Wireless Home Security Starter Kit (was $299)
- $188 for Ring Alarm Home Security System (was $268)
Being able to turn off all of your lights with the press of a button is cool. You can even schedule the lights to automatically turn off. Some people even have the light automatically turn on when their alarm clock rings.
- $79 for Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 Smart Light Bulb Starter Kit (was $149)
- $79 for Philips Hue White A19 Smart Bulb Starter Kit (was $99)
- $39 for Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 (was $49)
- $39 for Philips Hue White 4-Pack A19 (was $49)
- $59 for Philips 6.6″ Hue Light Strip (was $89)
Smart fire alarms can notify you of an emergency as soon as it happens, even if you are not at home.
- $99 for Nest Protect Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (was $119)
- $198 for First Alert Onelink Safe & Sound (was $249)
Outlets and Light Switches
Outlets and switches are the most versatile smart home items. That’s because some of them are programmable and you can get them to do just about anything.
- $19 for Wemo Mini Smart Plug (was $35)
- $26 for TP-Link KIT WiFi Smart Plug 2-Pack (was $39)
- $22 for TP-Link HS200 Switch (was $51)
- $30 for GE Z-Wave Plus Smart Control Dimmer Switch (was $45)
- $32 for GE Z-Wave Plus Light Dimmer Switch (was $49)
Overall, there are fantastic deals on smart home items for Cyber Monday. These sales only happen once a year and it’s never been easier to build a system all at once for cheap.