Cyber Monday is the best day to smarten up your home. You can find a ton of smart cameras, locks, and other items to make life easier. You can save hundreds of dollars during the sale.
Smart locks are not only more convenient than using a key but they are also more secure. That’s because you don’t need to give visitors a key to your house. This means you never have to worry about them losing the key or making a copy of it. You can even assign one time codes with some models.
- $142 for Schlage Z-Wave Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt (was $174)
- $13 for Defender Security U 10827 Door Reinforcement Lock (was $18)
- $199 for August Smart Lock Pro + Connect (was $279)
- $99 for August Smart Lock (was $149)
- $152 for Yale Assure Lock Touchscreen Keypad (was $199)
- $119 for Kwikset 910 Z-Wave SmartCode Electronic Touchpad Deadbolt (was $167)
- $73 for Kwikset 99130-003 SmartCode 913 UL Electronic Deadbolt (was $111)
- $123 for Kwikset 910 Z-Wave SmartCode Electronic Touchpad Deadbolt (was $153)
- $149 for Ultraloq UL3 BT Fingerprint and Touchscreen Keyless Smart Lock (was $249)
- $79 for NEXX Garage NXG-100 NXG Remote (was $99)
A video doorbell will allow you to receive alerts when someone approaches your house. You can even use them to have a conversation with someone while you’re at work. Combining a smart lock and a video doorbell will allow you to open the door for a friend or family member as soon as they arrive.
- $298 for Ring Video Doorbell 2 + Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit (was $398)
- $139 for Ring Video Doorbell 2 (was $199)
- $199 for Ring Video Doorbell Pro (was $249)
- $179 for Nest Hello Smart Doorbell (was $229)
How to Pick a Smart Lock
The first feature to check for in a smart lock is whether it has an app. Most models either operate with a fingerprint reader or codes. Being able to connect to the lock using an app is a lot better and it opens up a world of possibilities. For instance, you can unlock the door remotely for other people.
The next thing to pay attention to is the battery life. Most smart locks can last months on a single replaceable battery. They usually have a backup keyhole that you can use in case it runs out of power too. Do research on how long you can expect the battery to last.
Finally, you should check to see if the smart lock includes features like the ability to set one time codes. Some smart locks can even alert you when someone comes home. These features vary the most between models.
Overall, there are a ton of smart locks that you can choose from this year. The technology has improved a lot in recent years and there’s never been a better time to get one.