BotObjects wrote “Now you can see in action the amazing ProDesk3D in our full working prototype video. The ProDesk3D prints in Full Color, at a ground-breaking 25 micron resolution, on our FDM-based printer, at an industry leading speed of 175mm/s – inside our revolutionary ProDesk3D case. Soon everyone will be able to create beautiful objects like the new color-mixed vase printed in this video – new colors created by the world’s first full color 3D desktop printer. The future is here.”
The features of BotObject’s ProDesk3D would include:
- Full color FDM-based printing system
- 5-color PLA cartridge system
- PVA support material cartridge
- ABS supported with additional cartridges (not included in standard package)
- PLA/PVA/ABS filament diameter 1.75mm
- Exterior case dimensions 475mm, 365mm, 365mm (H,W,D)
- Build platform dimensions 300mm, 275mm, 275mm (H,W,D)
- 175mm/s max printing speed
- 25 micron printing accuracy in z direction
- Fully automatic system set up – plug and play
- Auto levelling heated build platform
- Dual extruder head
- Tri-fan air system
BotObjects ProDesk3D has been surrounded by scepticism from a number of people following the printer, despite the fact that it will be launching in the next month or two. From the video it seems as though the ProDesk3D isn’t exactly printing in full colour and is essentially building up bands of colour, rather than printing specific features in colour.
Only time will tell when it comes to the ProDesk3D. We’re sure that when somebody gets their hands on it they will take it apart and we will know how the colour function works.
Head over to BotObjects to see for yourself.