Mirrorless Camera Black Friday 2018 Deals
Black Friday is the best day of the year to get a deal on a mirrorless camera. Major brands like Sony, Panasonic, and Canon have released discounts that are already live. Some models have been discounted by as much as $600.
Mirrorless cameras are quickly beating DSLRs by offering superior features. The main difference between a DSLR and a mirrorless camera is the lack of an optical viewfinder. Instead, a small digital screen is used. This gets rid of the heavy mirror used by traditional cameras.
Mirrorless cameras are lighter and more compact than DSLRs. They also can take photos much faster and they offer superior video quality. Another important difference is that the lack of a mirror makes them quitter too. There’s not as much of a click sound when you push the button. This means you can take photos unnoticed and it also results in less noise in videos.
We have compiled a list of mirrorless cameras that are on sale for Black Friday. We will continue to update this page as we find more models.
- $1099 for Fujifilm X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera (was $1599)
- $899 for Canon EOS M5 Mirrorless Camera Kit (was $1479)
- $598 for Sony Alpha a6000 (was $848)
- $497 for PANASONIC LUMIX G7 (was $799)
- $1497 for PANASONIC LUMIX GH5 (was $1997)
- $999 for Fujifilm X-T20 (was $1199)
- $297 for PANASONIC LUMIX FZ80 (was $399)
- $599 for Canon EOS M50 (was $899)
- $998 for Sony Alpha a7IIK (was $1599)
- $3498 for Sony Alpha a9 Mirrorless Digital Camera (was $4498)
- $748 for Sony Alpha a6300 (was $898)
- $2198 for Sony Alpha a7S II (was $2398)
- $1098 for Sony Alpha a6500 (was $1198)
- $1598 for Sony Alpha a7R II (was $1998)
How to Shop for a Mirrorless Camera
The first thing to consider is the resolution of the camera. Opting for a 4K mirrorless camera is more expensive, but it is also more future-proof. If you are planning on using it to capture video, you probably want a 4K camera capable of 60 frames per second.
The downside of a 4K camera is that it will eat up storage space fast. You may also need new computer hardware if you are editing 4K video.
You should also consider the ISO range of the camera. You want the largest range possible as this indicates that the camera will perform better in low light conditions.
You should factor in the cost of a lens if you do not buy a bundle. A high-quality lens can often cost as much as the camera body. Your lens is just as important as the camera so it’s important to find a good one.
Overall, there are some excellent deals on mirrorless cameras for Black Friday. There’s no saying how long these deals will last, but it’s likely that some of them will continue through Cyber Monday.